[Letter from the SPICE project coordinator]
Dear Sir / Madam,
As part of the European Union funded project SPICE (Smart Procurement of Better Transport: http://spice-project.eu/), we help public authorities share their experiences of procuring innovative sustainable transportation solutions and learn from each other.
SPICE encourages public authorities to take the next steps towards cooperating in the procurement of innovative mobility solutions by shaping and initiating Common Buyers Groups. These groups gather like-minded public authorities that have a common goal for their procurement process.
SPICE can organise the first meetings and offer advice on how and on which parts of the procurement process to cooperate on, or just provide a forum to discuss common issues and learn from one another. This can all be done free of charge.
We are available to present how we can support your procurement projects and we look forward to extending our collaboration.
We are looking for:
- Good (or bad) experiences on the use of Common Buyers Groups, especially in the context of:
- Alternatively fueled vehicles
- ITS solutions
- Mobility services
- Other services
- Existing Common Buyers Groups
- Procurers interested in working together in order to form a Common Buyers Group
By facilitating the collaboration, SPICE can help you to:
- Share information on best practices for innovative procurement
- Learn from the experiences of others, and save time, effort and financial resources
- Gather more knowledge on EC Directive on public procurements
- Team up with other public procurers (peer-to-peer support) and share the workload of the tendering process and the preparations
- Receive support from SPICE through access to networks, information and advice
- Get technical and legal support in implementing innovative procurements
- Harmonise – a common approach might lead to more harmonized solutions
We will organise a webinar on 22 February on joint procurements (register your participation here). We will also host a one-day workshop to support Common Buyers Groups in the beginning of May. Please contact me, if you would like to be informed of our activities.
We look forward to hearing back from you.
On behalf of the SPICE team,
Bahar Namaki Araghi
ITS Project Manager, City of Copenhagen
Coordinator of the SPICE project